HELLO, Thank you for stopping by my page! This blog is a small reflection of who I am as a person. I write when I'm emotional & sometimes create works in the first person when "feeling" for others. This blog in no way encompasses all of who I am!

I am a single woman living in Texas deepening my walk with God & learning a lot as I search for this thing called grown up. I have learned that no walk is the same & not everyone wants to go with you. Nor do they all want you to go either.

When you see me say "God used a donkey" it is an inside joke about how God will use any moment to talk to you & teach you a lesson. Even if you think that moment is inappropriate! I also use "pay the cost" which is me saying I have evaluated all the effects/affects my decision will have cost me past, present & future. Ex. When you tell someone I wish we would have never met. Then did you consider what that cost you? Would you still be you, still have the life you're currently living? Do you lose more than just that person from your life? Are you willing to pay what it will cost you? That's the basic idea.

May The Lord bless you and keep you; may The Lord make His face shine upon you, & be gracious to you. May The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, & give you peace.

With all that said please read & hopefully enjoy!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Was Wrong Too

You were wrong for tearing our relationship apart the way you did. You were wrong for lying to me & letting me think I could save something I had already lost. You were wrong to say all those things I can't un-hear. You weren't wrong for letting me love you.

I was wrong for letting us get torn apart. I was wrong for not saving what we had before it was lost. I was wrong for not realizing I was losing you & all I wanted was you. I was wrong for letting you say those things to comfort my heart & knowing I would never un-hear them. I was wrong for wanting you to mean them.

I cry as I read back through text messages that say the sweetest things but I ignored for hurt feelings. I should have listened to my feelings! Like get in the car & have cake with this man regardless of how long you just waited to not have cake with him. I should have realized that was you saying, I want you here even though I know you'll be angry with me; I still want you here! I was wrong for not doing it even though that was what I really wanted was to be with you regardless of how I felt. I was wrong.

I was wrong for thinking you weren't going anywhere ever. I was wrong for thinking you wouldn’t leave me & there was nothing to worry about. I was wrong for not making sure you didn’t want to go anywhere else. I was wrong for letting someone walk in & have you, without fighting for you (I would have, I should have). I'm sorry you didn't know I loved you enough to not walk away. I never knew 1 week would undo my forever. I was wrong.

You were wrong for taking our private moments & putting someone else in them. You were wrong for holding on to me longer than you should have. You were wrong for letting me boost & champion you while you knew that you were betraying my trust. You weren't wrong to want to feel loved & adored.

I was wrong for not showing you how much I love & adore you. I was wrong for not telling you that I would shatter if you walked away. I was wrong for not knowing you were out looking for someone else. I was wrong for giving you away because I refused to believe you would go. I was wrong for not knowing what you needed to stay. I should have showered you with the affections I wanted instead of the ones I thought you wanted. I was wrong.

You were wrong for sending me John Legend "This Time" lyrics & not meaning all of it. You were wrong for letting me think that things were good between us. You were wrong for crossing a line you knew you were crossing.

I was wrong for thinking we were better while everything seemed as they once were. I was wrong for thinking things would stay as they were when your actions said they weren't. I was wrong for pretending it didn’t bother me to see you with someone else. I was wrong for never putting my foot down & being too afraid to confront you. I should have been better & stronger.

I am sorry that I didn’t realize I was losing you. You were worth fighting for, for so many reasons. I should have made sure you understood how amazing you were for me. I thought I was doing enough & I never thought you would be “that” guy. The one who breaks your heart when you least expect it. The guy you can’t trust farther than you can throw him.

I wasn’t paying attention to the fact of the matter which is, you were “that” man. That man I appreciated for loving me even when I made it difficult. That man who I uplifted & prayed over because I love. You were that man who I freely gave my heart & forgot to make sure I had your heart secured. You were that man & I am sorry I didn't make sure you knew.

I know you made the decision your heart needed.  I hope one day you can forgive me because I was wrong too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! An extra big THANK YOU for reading!