HELLO, Thank you for stopping by my page! This blog is a small reflection of who I am as a person. I write when I'm emotional & sometimes create works in the first person when "feeling" for others. This blog in no way encompasses all of who I am!

I am a single woman living in Texas deepening my walk with God & learning a lot as I search for this thing called grown up. I have learned that no walk is the same & not everyone wants to go with you. Nor do they all want you to go either.

When you see me say "God used a donkey" it is an inside joke about how God will use any moment to talk to you & teach you a lesson. Even if you think that moment is inappropriate! I also use "pay the cost" which is me saying I have evaluated all the effects/affects my decision will have cost me past, present & future. Ex. When you tell someone I wish we would have never met. Then did you consider what that cost you? Would you still be you, still have the life you're currently living? Do you lose more than just that person from your life? Are you willing to pay what it will cost you? That's the basic idea.

May The Lord bless you and keep you; may The Lord make His face shine upon you, & be gracious to you. May The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, & give you peace.

With all that said please read & hopefully enjoy!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Woman Behind My Eyes


I hear the click clack of my heels across the pavement. I see my hair whipping around my face. I see the gracefulness of my shadow leading me across the courtyard and I realize how glamorous she must look to an outsider. This woman behind my eyes with the confident stroll, the billowing hair and put together look. There must be a reason why when using my eyes I can only see my feet, my legs, my hands, my hair and a tiny bit of my nose.
 God must have known the trouble our eyes would cause. Because we can't see the things that cause us grief without assistance. I can't see my too big nose, my imperfect smile, my disproportionate earlobes or my misshapen eyes themselves. Only with a mirror can I see my imperfections. My lifelong arch enemy the mirror! I knew I disliked you from the moment I met you as a child. Even my innocence of not knowing my reflection was not another person, I knew you weren’t right!
So I started thinking. Why can't I be the woman behind my eyes? Why can't I be graceful, beautiful and confident? The woman behind my eyes is smart and funny, full of happiness and life. She is calm, well-dressed and breathtaking. She's the woman strolling across a courtyard in long beautiful step's hair billowing behind her with not a care in the world. She's the woman whose quick clacking heels are drawing attention as others smile because her hair billowing in the wind looks like something off a magazine.
Unfortunately I am not that woman there behind my eyes. I am the woman who stays in the mirror X-ing out everything she doesn't want to see. I'm the woman whose quick clacking heels across the courtyard draw attention that makes her nervous. The woman whose long strides are not poised for grace but to be hasty so that I may get out of the spotlight quickly. I wish I could be the woman behind my eyes so that the stares and complements I'm receiving would not make me ashamed but proud. So they could feel deserved or justified. I wish I could make the woman behind my eyes instill confidence in the woman inside my heart. Because the woman inside my heart does not feel deserving or worthy of any praises or accolades. She is insecure; broken by scar tissue. She has lost her sense of self-worth. If only I could make her into a woman that lies behind my eyes I could make me happy.
So I am going to try & reverse psychology the women outside my eyes. She is going to pretend to see the woman behind my eyes & then maybe she will pretend long enough she will believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! An extra big THANK YOU for reading!