HELLO, Thank you for stopping by my page! This blog is a small reflection of who I am as a person. I write when I'm emotional & sometimes create works in the first person when "feeling" for others. This blog in no way encompasses all of who I am!

I am a single woman living in Texas deepening my walk with God & learning a lot as I search for this thing called grown up. I have learned that no walk is the same & not everyone wants to go with you. Nor do they all want you to go either.

When you see me say "God used a donkey" it is an inside joke about how God will use any moment to talk to you & teach you a lesson. Even if you think that moment is inappropriate! I also use "pay the cost" which is me saying I have evaluated all the effects/affects my decision will have cost me past, present & future. Ex. When you tell someone I wish we would have never met. Then did you consider what that cost you? Would you still be you, still have the life you're currently living? Do you lose more than just that person from your life? Are you willing to pay what it will cost you? That's the basic idea.

May The Lord bless you and keep you; may The Lord make His face shine upon you, & be gracious to you. May The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, & give you peace.

With all that said please read & hopefully enjoy!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Questioning Myself

I miss you when you’re not around. I don’t miss just the companionship. I miss you. I miss the silent comfort of sleeping next to you. I miss how you make me feel as a person; a woman. I’m just not sure if you miss me the same since you can go so long “without” me. Maybe I am a crack head for Love & that’s why I miss you the way I do.

Could it be the difference in our connections? The calming excitement of seeing you?
Too bad I don’t know if you get that excitement. Your body language tells me nothing. Your poker face scares me. I’m used to subtle signals of appreciation or admiration for my presence; not that it’s a present. You know a smile; a slow creeping grin when you see me. A soft slow hug to tell me goodbye/hello. An affectionate touch or whispered greeting. Something?
Am I spoiled to the notion that I deserve recognition for my being? Do I not give you that appreciation? Maybe I am supposed to be learning a lesson I’m missing through you?
I’m looking for those familiar signs. I thought were automated. Except you’re unfamiliar & your signs unrecognizable. Sometimes it’s like I’m waiting on you to warm up to the idea of me. Then when you do, it over; time to go home.
Am I not looking hard enough for the signs? Am I trying too hard to put you into a familiar category? Since everything about you is outside of my knowledge base of emotion?
I feel like I’m changing how I want to react to you to mirror your coolness…coldness…your “ness”. It’s like being on hold while you’re still moving; never know if you will want to hit play. The timer needs to ding because I want to be me. Well, me in love/like/hope.
Did I set precedence for not being me with you? Is our secret changing the dynamic of who I am; we are? Do I overlook my own feelings for my want?
The feelings I get when I’m with you are normal for me. Except I think they would scare you. Just the sheer amount of affection I hold back is monumental. We seem to possess two very different views of affection/care. Yours are optional & not necessary. Mine uncontrollable & life sustaining.
I feel like we’re working too hard to make “this”; whatever “this” is, work. Are we confusing lust for emotions? Are we ignoring obvious signs? Signs like personality suppression? Once we hold back who we are can we truly connect?
I don’t want that kind of resentment between us. We have a delicate balance to us. Except there is no we…us…unity. Maybe that’s why you never noticed the special allowances I made for you. I was giving you access to my feelings assuming we were equal. Well you know what they say…when you ass-u-me! Not sure about other women in your life. You’re so tight lipped. Maybe they possess the access I seek.
Is this karma for past indiscretions? Do you have a front runner while I am just a space holder? Is this the lesson I am supposed to be learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! An extra big THANK YOU for reading!